Current (2022–2024) Funding Cycle
View the final 2022-2024 Undergraduate Student Activity Fee Proposal that was approved by the Student Assembly, University President, and Board of Trustees.
- The fee-setting process for the 2022-2024 Student Activity Fees begin in early April with the publishing of this information and the PDF applications below.
- New organizations may begin collecting petition signatures at this time.
- Preliminary applications and full applications are reviewed by the Student Assembly Appropriations Committee.
- All organizations applying to be part of the 2022-2024 Byline funding cycle will be required to attend an “Introduction to Byline Funding” session. Dates will be posted here when determined.
- Hearings to present the full applications are scheduled with the organization leadership and staff advisor.
- Following the hearing, the Appropriations Committee deliberates and votes on a recommended funding allocation, which is then reported to the Student Assembly.
- The Student Assembly may not vote on a recommendation until a meeting following the presentation by the Appropriations Committee Chair.
- At the meeting when a vote will take place the following options are available for determining funding:
- with a majority vote, the Student Assembly may accept the recommendation,
- with a two-thirds vote, the Student Assembly may accept the recommendation, modify the recommendation, or overturn the recommendation of the Appropriations Committee.
Final applications - Due September 8th, 2023 at 12:00 pm (noon)
Petition Form for New Organizations - Due September 8th, 2023 at 12:00 pm (noon) EST
As a new applicant to the Undergraduate Student Activity Fee, there are additional requirements for your preliminary application, including collecting petition signatures from 1500 registered undergraduate students. The deadline for all petitions and preliminary application requirements to be met has been extended to September 8, 2023 at 12:00 PM (noon) EST. Please contact the Office of the Assemblies at firstname.lastname@example.org - be sure to include the name of the new organization - for the link to collect online signatures.
Instructions for collecting online signatures (PDF)
APPLICATIONS for Returning & New Organizations
- Guide to Byline Funding Application Process (text version or PDF version)
- Preliminary Application - deadline extended to September 8th, 2023 at 12:00 pm (noon) (EST)
- Final Application - due September 8th, 2023 at 12:00 pm (noon) (EST)