Assemblies of the University
A Part of Shared Governance at Cornell
Chartered by the President of the University with delegated authority from the Board of Trustees, the Assemblies serve as advisory bodies to the administration, representing matters of concern and constituent interests to University leadership. The assemblies formally advise the administration and recommend changes to policies through legislative processes articulated in their respective charters. The three constituent assemblies–representing undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, and staff–and the all-constituency University Assembly, along with the Faculty Senate, comprise Shared Governance at Cornell. The fundamental mission of the Assemblies is to obtain extensive involvement of community members in the formulation and review of non-academic policies, recommendations and decisions impacting daily lives on campus.
Find your representatives, learn about the Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
Graduate and Professional Students
Find your representative, learn about the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
News & Updates
- > Resolution 4 : UA R4: Amending the University Assembly Bylaws
- > Resolution 3 : UA R3: Revision of Codes and Judiciary Committee Responsibilites
- > Resolution 2 : UA R2: Requesting that the University Provide Funds for an MD Gynecologist at Cornell Health
Graduate and Professional Student Assembly
- > Resolution 5 : GPSA R5: Commending the Service of Graduate and Professional Student Assembly President Preston Hanley
- > Resolution 4 : GPSA R4: Requesting that the University Provide Funds for an MD Gynecologist at Cornell Health
- > Resolution 2 : GPSA R2: Resolution Commending the Service of Graduate and Professional Student Trustee Liz Davis Frost
- > Resolution 16 : SA R16: Condemning Greek Life
- > Resolution 15 : SA R15: Requesting that the University Provide Funds for an MD Gynecologist at Cornell Health
- > Resolution 14 : SA R14: Approving Special Projects Funding Request for Willard Straight Hall Union Board
- > Resolution 1 : EA R1: Approval of the 2022-2023 Operating Budget
- > Resolution 5 : EA R5: In Recognition and Appreciation of Mary Opperman
- > Resolution 3 : EA R3: Enhancements to the Cornell University Onboarding Process