Assemblies of the University
A Part of Shared Governance at Cornell
Chartered by the President of the University with delegated authority from the Board of Trustees, the Assemblies serve as advisory bodies to the administration, representing matters of concern and constituent interests to University leadership. The assemblies formally advise the administration and recommend changes to policies through legislative processes articulated in their respective charters. The three constituent assemblies–representing undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, and staff–and the all-constituency University Assembly, along with the Faculty Senate, comprise Shared Governance at Cornell. The fundamental mission of the Assemblies is to obtain extensive involvement of community members in the formulation and review of non-academic policies, recommendations and decisions impacting daily lives on campus.
Find your representatives, learn about the Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
Graduate and Professional Students
Find your representative, learn about the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly, and how to get involved.
News & Updates
- > Resolution 52 : SA R52: Recommendation for Cornell University to Establish Testing Center for MCAT
- > Resolution 51 : SA R51: Recommendation for Cornell University to Amend its GPA Scale
- > Resolution 50 : SA R50: Approval of the Fall 2018 Elections Rules
- > Resolution 24 : UA R24: Finalizing Housekeeping Amendments to the Campus Code of Conduct
- > Resolution 23 : UA R23: Recognition of Outstanding Support for the Campus Judicial System During the AY 2018 Legislative Session
- > Resolution 22 : UA R22: Bylaws Change Institutionalizing the Staffing Procedure for the University Hearing and Review Boards
Graduate and Professional Student Assembly
- > Resolution 8 : GPSA R8: Recommendation for the Graduate and Professional Student Activity Fee for 2018 - 2020
- > Resolution 7 : GPSA R7: On the need for an institutional commitment to deconstructing systems of oppression and inequity
- > Resolution 5 : GPSA R5: On the Forthcoming Campus Climate Task Force